Monday, June 8, 2020

What should a new teacher know?

Know that building rapport is also important along with imparting knowledge. A knowledgeable teacher will still be unable to capture the attention of her students if the teacher appears uninterested in the students.

As a fresh teacher, I was constantly worried about how every lesson will turn out and how students view me as a person and my teaching. We also have our bad days when the lesson just seems to go very wrong (e.g. cannot capture the attention of students or can’t work out a solution to a student’s answer) and I would be worried that this would diminish my students’ trust in me. But after a while you will realize, screwing up a lesson once or twice wouldn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Challenges faced by new teachers in starting their career

It’s been almost one and half years since we all are locked in our house and there are many industries where people have lost their jobs. Ed...