Saturday, May 30, 2020
Thursday, May 28, 2020
“Teaching is a noble profession.”
I am a teacher by choice and to my surprise I got across a number of colleagues who declared that they had got into the teaching profession because:
a) it was better than an office job.
c) after marriage it seemed like the most suitable or acceptable option.
d) they weren’t qualified for anything else.
e) they could earn some pocket money.
This was the case all of fifteen years ago, maybe even earlier, and which I feel is partly responsible for the scant respect accorded to the teaching profession as a whole.
To be a teacher in today’s fast changing scenario can be exciting and challenging. There is now newness and dynamism to the whole approach of teaching. But the bottom line still remains the same.
Anybody can become a teacher, although to be successful as a teacher you still need to love what you do. But that holds true for any profession!
Wednesday, May 27, 2020
To motivate and guide the students in a proper way, teacher should have high level of patience and dedication to build the future of their students.
Following are some research-based strategies for motivating students to learn.
· Spending time outside of the classroom gives teachers additional opportunities to act as role models and mentors.
· Praise him when you can, take note of his effort, and help him understand how his actions are going to help him not only in the classroom but in life
- Set realistic performance goals and help students achieve them by encouraging them to set their own reasonable goals.
- Be free with praise and constructive in criticism. Offer non-judgmental feedback on students’ work, stress opportunities to improve, look for ways to stimulate advancement, and avoid dividing students into sheep and goats.
- . Give students options in the classroom. If students have a hand in making decisions about their education, they are more likely to commit to them.
Tuesday, May 26, 2020
We all know that due to the COVID-19 lockdown, teachers are instructed by their institutions/schools to conduct online classes.
We will be discussing necessary things related to online classes that will help teachers.
· Collect email addresses and contact numbers of all the students through which you want to conduct online classes.
· Prepare yourself. Rehearsing for the topic will be better offline before your class.
· Check all the important stuff, like internet connection, laptop, camera, etc. before your session.
· Give your students all the instructions so that your online class runs smoothly and fruitful.
· Keep your class as a series of short sessions so that students will not lose interest.
· Take feedback from the students. Through this you will get their point of view about the session.
· Don’t be very formal at the time of sessions.
· Don’t postpone or cancel a class without any strong reason.
It’s been almost one and half years since we all are locked in our house and there are many industries where people have lost their jobs. Ed...
Teaching is a very challenging profession. It is more challenging for a novice teacher. Therefore, do not choose this profession with the st...
We all know that due to the COVID-19 lockdown, teachers are instructed by their institutions/schools to conduct online classes. We will ...
To motivate and guide the students in a proper way, teacher should have high level of patience and dedication to build the future of their s...