To motivate and guide the students in a proper way, teacher should have high level of patience and dedication to build the future of their students.
Following are some research-based strategies for motivating students to learn.
· Spending time outside of the classroom gives teachers additional opportunities to act as role models and mentors.
· Praise him when you can, take note of his effort, and help him understand how his actions are going to help him not only in the classroom but in life
- Set realistic performance goals and help students achieve them by encouraging them to set their own reasonable goals.
- Be free with praise and constructive in criticism. Offer non-judgmental feedback on students’ work, stress opportunities to improve, look for ways to stimulate advancement, and avoid dividing students into sheep and goats.
- . Give students options in the classroom. If students have a hand in making decisions about their education, they are more likely to commit to them.