To motivate and guide the students in a proper way, teacher should have high level of patience and dedication to build the future of their students.
Following are some research-based strategies for motivating students to learn.
· Get involved. Spending time outside of the classroom gives teachers additional opportunities to act as role models and mentors.
· Positive reinforcement. Praise him when you can, take note of his effort, and help him understand how his actions are going to help him not only in the classroom but in life
- Set realistic performance goals and help students achieve them by encouraging them to set their own reasonable goals.
- Be free with praise and constructive in criticism. Offer non-judgmental feedback on students’ work, stress opportunities to improve, look for ways to stimulate advancement, and avoid dividing students into sheep and goats.
- Ownership. Give students options in the classroom. If students have a hand in making decisions about their education, they are more likely to commit to them.
Post a Comment